Front Office Manager Position
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises Directly: Assistant Front Office Manager
Supervises Through Subordinates: Guest Service Representatives, Night Auditors, Bellman
Purpose for the Position:
To supervise the activities of the Front Desk Staff during assigned shift and perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to front desk and bell staff which contributes to an overall positive experience and be an example as a manager.
1. Supervises Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training and development.
2. Maintains standards of guest service quality.
3. Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
4. Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
5. Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department which relate to the overall objective of the hotel.
6. Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
7. Increases level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
8. Manages the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
9. Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
10. Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
11. Receives departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
12. Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
13. Ensures staff uses correct guest interaction skills.
14. Rewards employees who utilize their empowerment to meet or exceed customer expectations.
15. Manages in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
16. Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
17. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
18. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
19. Performs other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
• Read and interpret business records and statistical records.
• Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
• Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
• Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
• Make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
• See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
• Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
• Plan and organize the work of others.
• Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Speak and write clearly.
• Accept the full responsibility for managing an activity. Reasoning Development:
Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Four year undergraduate degree in Management, Hotel Management or Business. Two year supervisory experience, one year line level experience, OR an equivalent level of education and experience.