Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks is accepting applications for a Full-Time Food Services Coordinator / Cook.
To prepare daily meals and/or snacks for Club members, using nutritional guidelines provided by the state of Missouri, USDA or other related entities; to complete and collect from other Units accurate documentation regarding meal preparation and/or food supply inventories; to order food for the organization through multiple vendors; and to ensure that all clubs are keeping the kitchen facilities clean and organized in accordance with state and local health department requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food Preparation and Service
- Plan healthy meals for members within the guidelines of the Club’s current food program (CACFP, Kids Café, etc.).
- Control Organizational food and dietary supply expenditures within approved budget.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations during food preparation and service times.
- Ensure the organization and unit cooks are adhering to all health and safety regulations during food preparation and service times.
Kitchen Cleaning and Maintenance
- Maintain kitchen and cafeteria to health and sanitation codes.
- Ensure that appearance of kitchen and cafeteria meet Club expectations and that all equipment is working properly.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Unit Director as soon as possible.
- Ensure strict supervision of the use of cleaning and maintenance supplies by youth and/or volunteers.
Reporting and Documentation
- Maintain data and provide reports on meal preparation and meals served in accordance with the Club’s current food program guidelines for all units in the organization.
- Ensure that all documentation and receipts regarding the food program for all units in the organization are turned in on time and reflects accurate information.
Positive Interaction with Youth and Staff
- Actively supervise members in kitchen and cafeteria area.
- Ensure members safety and well-being at all times by adhering to Club’s policies and procedures and enforcing behavioral expectations.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain communication with supervisor regarding concerns/issues.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van and/or bus. (Club may provide the cost for acquiring a Class E, CDL or other specialized operator’s license as required).
- Maintain high standard of customer service in dealing with members, parents, volunteers, other staff members and the general public.
- May be issued keys for the facility and be charged with the responsible use of them.
- May be required to supervise adult and youth volunteers.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and/or GED.
- A minimum of two years working in food preparation, experience with state food program requirements preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Valid Missouri State Drivers License. (Club may provide the cost for acquiring a Class B CDL or other specialized operator’s license as required).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to squat or bend to communicate at youths’ level.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds for short periods of time.
- Must be able to complete any and all tasks related to food preparation.
We provide after-school and summer programs for more than 1,600 school-age youth in Taney and Stone Counties in Missouri. Club members have access to a free meal, homework help and a wide variety of programs and activities at each of our three locations - Branson, Forsyth & Reeds Spring. Youth have the ability to choose from academic success, healthy lifestyles and character and citizenship programs each day in a supervised, structured and FUN environment.After School Hours - 2:30 PM to 7:00 PM Summer Hours - 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM