Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks in Branson is looking for Youth Development Professionals at all 3 locations.
The person in this role plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided in within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and stimulate program participation
- register new members and participate in their club orientation process
- provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Complete all necessary documentation, including member participation, pre and post testing scores, program evaluations, accident reports, etc.
- Maintain appearance of Club facilities and equipment by compiling daily, weekly and/or periodic cleaning and maintenance assignments.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
- Maintain communication with Program Director and other staff members regarding concerns/issues.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
- External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems upon request.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Experience in working with children.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Willingness to obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications if not already certified. Training provided by BGCO.
- Valid State Driver’s License if operating Club vehicles.
Please upload your resume using the “Apply for Job” button. In the “message” section, please include a brief cover letter of the position you are interested and a short summary of why you feel you are right for the job. We can’t wait to have you on the team!
We provide after-school and summer programs for more than 1,600 school-age youth in Taney and Stone Counties in Missouri. Club members have access to a free meal, homework help and a wide variety of programs and activities at each of our three locations - Branson, Forsyth & Reeds Spring. Youth have the ability to choose from academic success, healthy lifestyles and character and citizenship programs each day in a supervised, structured and FUN environment.After School Hours - 2:30 PM to 7:00 PM Summer Hours - 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM