Golf Groundskeeper Position:
Summary: To perform the maintenance and upkeep of all grounds including plants, trees, lawn areas, greens, fairways, drives, walkways, ponds, irrigation systems, snow and ice removal, trash and recycle, operate and maintain all equipment safely to provide guest safety and satisfaction.
Groundskeeper Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform the cutting, trimming, seeding, irrigation and chemical application of all lawn areas.
2. Perform the bed preparation, planting, weeding, irrigation and chemical application of all flower beds and planting areas.
3. Perform the cleaning of debris, removal of snow and ice, spreading of sand and ice melt and repair and maintenance of all walkways, trails, drives and parking areas.
4. Perform tree maintenance including trimming, removal and irrigation.
5. Perform maintenance, repairs and winterization of irrigation systems.
6. Perform maintenance of landscaping equipment and tools.
7. Keep supervisor informed of equipment and supply needs.
8. Acquire working knowledge of the Golf Course and facilities to respond appropriately to guest questions, as required.
9. Keep supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
10. Be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
11. Perform maintenance and upkeep of all fairways, green and sand traps according to golf standards.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Groundskeeper Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: A high school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be at least 18 years of age, have a safe driving record and be able to obtain a Missouri class E or Arkansas D with a “P” endorsement designated drivers license.
Other Skills and Abilities: The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency and a real concern for customer service.
Other Groundskeeper Qualifications:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on uneven terrain. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely encounters operating machinery, vibration, amplified sound, and natural botanical allergens. The employee will be exposed to varying weather conditions, particulate matter, electrical components and agronomic chemicals.
Big Cedar Associates
- Know and embody Big Cedar’s mission and values.
- Provide genuine Ozarks hospitality and professionalism in every guest interaction.
- Are empowered to resolve problems and instances of guest dissatisfaction.
- Assist and practice teamwork in, and outside, their department.
- Greet, own and thank guest and associates in every interaction.
- Are responsible for maintaining a safe, accident-free environment, preserving Big Cedar assets, and protecting confidential information.
- Are knowledgeable of all Big Cedar, Top of the Rock, Golf, Shooting Academy and Dogwood Canyon properties, services and amenities.
- Take responsibility for keeping the properties clean.
- Present a professional appearance by following dress and grooming standards.