Line Cook Position:
To prepare and portion foods for the resort’s food and beverage outlets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
1. The cook will prepare, portion, and serve stocks, breading items, cold salads, dressings, sandwich making, vegetable and fruit prepping, and fryer work according to standard recipes.
2. The cook will handle knives and operate small kitchen equipment safely.
3. Be able to work with others well in a close environment with a learning attitude and a desire to progress into the Cook I position.
4. Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
5. Follow the kitchen chain of command: ie. Chefs, Cook I, Cook II, Cook III.
6. Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications for Line Cooks: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be at least 18 years old.
Other Skills and Abilities: The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency, and a real concern for guest satisfaction.
Other Qualifications for Line Cooks:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Big Cedar Associates
- Know and embody Big Cedar’s mission and values.
- Provide genuine Ozarks hospitality and professionalism in every guest interaction.
- Are empowered to resolve problems and instances of guest dissatisfaction.
- Assist and practice teamwork in, and outside, their department.
- Greet, own and thank guest and associates in every interaction.
- Are responsible for maintaining a safe, accident-free environment, preserving Big Cedar assets, and protecting confidential information.
- Are knowledgeable of all Big Cedar, Top of the Rock, Golf, Shooting Academy and Dogwood Canyon properties, services and amenities.
- Take responsibility for keeping the properties clean.
- Present a professional appearance by following dress and grooming standards.