Steward (Dishwasher) position:
Summary: Wash and clean all cookware (pots and pans), dishes, utensils, and kitchen areas in accordance with Big Cedar standards. Prep work for the culinary department such as but not limited to peeling, dicing, chopping, assembly finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Clean pots, pans, dishes, silver, china, glass, and all other cookware utensils following proper procedures.
2. Keep washing area neat and clean.
3. Store clean items in the proper location.
4. Keep kitchen floor area clean and free of debris.
5. Perform assigned prep work.
6. Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
7. Assist with the sorting and execution of recycling procedures.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency and a real concern for guest satisfaction.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Big Cedar Associates
- Know and embody Big Cedar’s mission and values.
- Provide genuine Ozarks hospitality and professionalism in every guest interaction.
- Are empowered to resolve problems and instances of guest dissatisfaction.
- Assist and practice teamwork in, and outside, their department.
- Greet, own and thank guest and associates in every interaction.
- Are responsible for maintaining a safe, accident-free environment, preserving Big Cedar assets, and protecting confidential information.
- Are knowledgeable of all Big Cedar, Top of the Rock, Golf, Shooting Academy and Dogwood Canyon properties, services and amenities.
- Take responsibility for keeping the properties clean.
- Present a professional appearance by following dress and grooming standards.