- Functions in accordance with BLACC/CVB Operational Guidelines and within his/her professional code of ethics.
- Maintains a professional, courteous manner while conducting business inside and outside of the organization.
- Participates in and contributes to the various staff development activities of the BLACC/CVB.
- Is sensitive to and responsive to management needs.
- Participates in all required meetings.
- Regularly participates in evaluation of self in regard to job performance.
- Performs other special functions that may from time to time, be outlined and attached hereto.
The following examples are meant to be illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Leisure Group Co-op Marketing Projects – creates, track and maintains spread sheet on all co-op projects such as Branson Sponsorships, Group publications, Travel Agent FAM, Music Director FAM and more. The spreadsheet should record which local businesses and invited guests have signed up for specific projects, paid their fees, and submitted listing materials. Follow up phone calls should be placed to those who have not responded to initial sales efforts and posted deadlines or submitted all of their listing material and other deadlines as related to co-op. All activities and projects related to providing support for FAMs
- Sales Kits/Sales Collateral – Performs fulfillment functions, e.g., organizes and processes direct mail projects and Requests for Information and Sales Kits to be mailed. Works closely with shipping personnel to fulfill mailing requirements.
- Leisure Group Publications– – creates, track and maintains spread sheet on all publications produced by the Group Sales Department. Publications include but are not limited to:
- Annual – The Group Tour Planner and Reunion Planner.
- Annual – The Travel Agent Guide Commission
- Annual – Student Guide
The spreadsheet should record which local businesses have signed up for each publication, paid their fees, and submitted listing materials. Follow up phone calls should be placed to those who have not responded to initial sales efforts and posted deadlines or submitted all of their listing materials.
- Database Management – performs data entry- enters clients and/or leads into the correct ACT data base, creates groupings as needed or directed
- Trade Show and Convention Support – Assists with pre-trade show preparation by organizing materials to be to be shipped to and from events. Assists directors and managers with other details as needed, e.g., invoicing partners or sponsors, securing door prizes, handling pre and post-tradeshow mailings as appropriate, packing and unpacking cases and keeping supplies neatly stored, organized and clearly labeled.
- Inventory Sales Collateral – Conducts a quarterly inventory of collateral and promotional materials. Keeps data on a spreadsheet and places re-orders as directed. Keeps supplies neatly organized and clearly labeled.
- Fulfillment on Demand – When requested, processes requests for other sales collateral as needed.
- Social Media – Manage and maintain three Leisure Group Sales Facebook pages with regular postings and updates
- Leisure Group Sales Department Committees – Manage three committees – develop agendas, send out meeting reminders, set-up committee meetings, take notes, distribute notes to members for approval, post notes to the portal, track attendance records.
- Additional projects assigned by the Director of Leisure Group Sales that will include some evening and weekend projects related to FAMs, Travel Shows, Meet N Greets with clients and will perform additional duties as needed by Leisure Group Sales Director
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects and responsibilities to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and resourcefully to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates good listening skills.
- Proficient in the use of the following software programs: Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Power Point, Word, Act and internet search engines.
- Proficient in database management.
- Ability to operate the following office equipment on a daily basis: calculator, computer, fax machine.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one year of clerical experience working in a busy, professional office.
- Certification in clerical services a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that would qualify the individual for the position.
- Conscientious: carefully and thoroughly does their job, being very particular. Does not neglect any aspect of their job or do things carelessly. Takes pride in work.
- Initiative: self-motivated. Begins actions without having to be told to do so.
- Organized: arranges environment in a systematic manner to achieve objectives.
- Stress Handler: able to handle mental tensions, pressures, urgencies and important situations. Able to handle more than one important and urgent thing at a time.
- Verbal/Nonverbal Communication: expresses self in a positive manner and interchanges thoughts, information and feelings orally. Is considerate, courteous, respectable, and well-mannered.
- Performs bending, squatting, sorting, kneeling, and reaching to ground level and overhead as required for such tasks as retrieving files.
- Ability to lift, grasp, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying objects up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to hold and grip objects.
- May be subject to standing for long periods of time.
- Visual ability sufficient to operate a computer.
- Hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person and by telephone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter including your qualifications for the position to Lenni Neimeyer, Director of Leisure Group Sales using the form below.
ABOUT THE BRANSON CVB
The Branson/Lakes Area Convention and Visitors Bureau is the destination marketing organization (DMO) for Branson and Taney County, Missouri.
The Branson CVB is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International, 2025 M Street, N.W., Suite 500, Washington, D.C., 20036, USA, Ph. 202-296-7888.