Opening Date: Friday, March 23, 2018; Open to both Internal and External Applicants.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to application packets received by Friday, April 6, 2018; application packets must be received by 4:30 pm.
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Beginning Salary: $16.8261 per hour; when annualized equates to $34,998.29.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Equipment Operator II – Water Distribution position is responsible for a multitude of tasks which may vary from day to day, but will serve as primary equipment operator of technical and heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance work.
- Performs tasks required in maintenance of the water distribution system and as necessary, the sewer collection system.
- Skills are required in water and sewer pipe installation and repair, pump operations and system maintenance programs.
- Provides lead functions, in the absence of the Crew Leader, for other water distribution maintenance employees as necessary.
- This position is supervised by a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Three years’ experience in the area of work to be performed, such as: water distribution and sewer collection operations and maintenance, heavy equipment operation, and water and sewer system construction, or closely related work.
- Possession of a Missouri level “II” Water Distribution Certificate of Competency within 12 months of hire date.
- Possession of a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement and be insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- Possession of a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement within 6 months of hire date.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred. Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position. Please read the job description posted on the City of Branson Website for a complete list of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Supervisor and Crew Leader to ensure all required and necessary work, meets service level expectations in the installation, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s water distribution, water metering and sewer collection systems.
- Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- Operates: backhoes, excavators, hydro-excavators, loaders, fork lifts, graders, skid steer loaders, trenchers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, cranes, other heavy equipment, and as necessary, sewer line flushing equipment and sewer rodding equipment.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains large water pipes, fittings, valves, other water distribution system components, and as necessary, sewer collection system components.
- May perform inspections on new water lines, sewer lines, and manholes to verify acceptability to city standards for prevention of water loss and sewer infiltration and inflow.
- Please read the job description posted on the City of Branson Website for a complete list of responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.