POSITION SUMMARY: The Plant Operator I – Wastewater Treatment position is responsible for performing operation, maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment plants and related components; effectively performs the activities of a skilled plant operator which necessitates a general knowledge of different specialized skills.
Duties include performing tasks and operations at wastewater treatment facilities, and as assigned sewer lift stations, as instructed by supervision and lead operator positions. This position works under the supervision of a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- One year experience in the area of work to be performed, such as: wastewater treatment operations and maintenance, wastewater analysis, mechanical maintenance and repair work, or closely related work.
- Possession of a Missouri Class “D” Wastewater Treatment Certificate of Competency or equivalent from another State.
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license and be insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- Possession of a Missouri Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License within 6 months of hire date.
- Please read the job description posted on the City of Branson Website for a complete list of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Manager, or Division Supervisor and Lead Operators as assigned, to ensure all required and necessary work, meets service level expectations in the operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s wastewater treatment and pumping systems. Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- Performs work functions to accomplish operations and maintenance work at wastewater facilities and sewer lift stations. Collects samples, and tests as assigned, wastewater, BioSolids, plant influent, treated effluent and lake and stream samples to determine such factors as pH, temperature, bacteria, biochemical oxygen demand, total and suspended solids, volatile solids, concentrations of oil, grease, chlorine, ammonia, dissolved oxygen, fecal coliform or e-coli, MLSS, alkalinity, phosphorus and other compounds as necessary.
- Weighs, prepares, mixes and standardizes chemical compounds, and solutions to be utilized in the analysis of wastewater, treated plant effluents and lake samples.
- Please read the job description posted on the City of Branson Website for a complete list of responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.