Opening Date: Friday, March 23, 2018; Open to both Internal and External Applicants.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to application packets received by Friday, April 6, 2018; application packets must be received by 4:30 pm.
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Beginning Salary: $17.8508 per hour; when annualized equates to $37,129.66.
POSITION SUMMARY: Crew Leader – Sewer Collection position involves serving as the lead crew member responsible for operations, maintenance and repair of the sewer collection mains, manholes and associated components; may assist with maintenance and repair of water distribution mains and associated components; effectively leads and performs the activities of skilled equipment operators and utility workers who perform a variety of duties which necessitates a general knowledge of different specialized skills.
Duties include assigning work, instructing crews, reviewing, training and correcting employee work techniques and practices. This position works under limited supervision of a Division Supervisor.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent. Four years’ experience in the area of work to be performed, such as: water distribution or sewer collection operations and maintenance, heavy equipment operation, or water and sewer system construction, or closely related work.
- Possession of a Missouri level “III” Water Distribution Certificate of Competency or equivalent from another State preferred; or progressive levels of Water Distribution Certifications must be obtained as work experience credit is met as determined by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- Possession of a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement and be insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- Please read the job description posted on the City of Branson Website for a complete list of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Supervisor to ensure all required and necessary work, meets service level expectations in the installation, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s water distribution, water metering and sewer collection systems. Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- Assists supervision with employee instruction, coordination and prioritization of tasks in sewer collection and, as necessary, meter maintenance and water distribution.
- Plans daily and weekly work functions of assigned personnel; assigns specific tasks to employees and groups of employees to accomplish operations and maintenance work.
- Please read the job description posted on the City of Branson Website for a complete list of responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.