Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to applications received by Friday, July 6, 2018.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Beginning Salary: $17.3245 per hour; when annualized equates to $36,034.96.
POSITION SUMMARY: The IT Technician I’s work involves installation, maintenance, and repair on computer and related technology equipment that supports various City operations. It also involves supporting end-users on setup, configuration and troubleshooting problems for desktop computers, laptop computers, communications equipment, smart phones, tablets, printers, and local area network. This position works under general supervision and is normally supervised by the IT Operations Manager. This position is subject to emergency call-ins and may be required to work holidays, evenings or weekends, as directed.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in computer technology is preferred. Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- One year of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory networks and PC hardware required.
- Experience working with desktop computer support, LAN, switches, servers, TCP/IP connectivity, and various Operating Systems.
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft Products including: Windows Desktop Operating Systems, and Windows Server Products.
- Advanced IT related certifications such as A+, Network +, and MCP are recommended. MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, and/or CCNA are desirable.
- Please refer to the job description posted on the City of Branson website for a complete listing of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring and maintaining technology for maximum access.
- Connecting and setting up hardware. Installing and setting up workstations.
- Follow workplace safety standards. Loading necessary software.
- Providing network access connectivity to staff.
- Troubleshooting various computer, software or network problems in timely manner.
- Identifying and preparing hardware for safe disposal.
- Troubleshooting operating systems problems.
- Assisting users with access to hardware, software, data files, and databases, enabling them to retrieve and manipulate data effectively.
- Utilizing helpdesk trouble ticket system to organize and document activities.
- Installing and maintaining physical CAT5/CAT3 wiring in multi-floor environment; troubleshooting connectivity using appropriate hand and diagnostic tools when necessary.
- Please refer to the job description on the City of Branson website for a complete listing of job responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.