Opening Date: Monday, July 30, 2018; Open to both Internal and External Applicants.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to applications received by Monday, August 13, 2018; Application packets must be received by 4:30 pm.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday; 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Beginning Salary: $14.0840 per hour; when annualized equates to $29,294.72.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Utility Worker I – Sewer Collection position is responsible for a multitude of tasks which may vary from day to day, but will primarily involve performing tasks required in operation, maintenance and repair of the sewer collection system and related components; performs work as assigned in areas of water distribution and water meter reading and maintenance. Entry level position which trains to acquire skill in installation and repair of sewer and water piping and all related components, water meter reading, installation, and repair, and equipment maintenance and operation in preparation for future advancement. This position is supervised by a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- One year of relevant work experience preferred in performing semi-skilled construction, maintenance tasks on water distribution and sewer collection systems or other related maintenance, mechanical or construction work.
- Possession of a Missouri level “I” Water Distribution Certificate of Competency within 18 months of hire date.
- Possession of a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement within 6 months of hire date.
- Insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to pass required physical capability examinations for the position.
- Must properly follow all provisions of the City of Branson and the Utilities Department policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Manager, Division Supervisor, and Crew Leader as assigned, to ensure all required and necessary work, meets service level expectations in the installation, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s sewer collection, water metering and water distribution systems. Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- For a complete listing of essential job duties and responsibilities, please refer to the job description posted on the City of Branson website.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.