Opening Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2018; Open to both Internal and External Applicants.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to applications received by Tuesday, July 31, 2018; Application packets must be received by 4:30 pm.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday; 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Beginning Salary: $15.3996 per hour; when annualized equates to $32,031.17.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Utility Worker II – Water Distribution position is responsible for inspections of new water infrastructure and water service connections regarding acceptability to city standards, codes and specifications; performs utility locates on water distribution system components to verify location of the infrastructure in accordance with Missouri One-Call guidelines; may perform inspections and locates on sewer collection components; performs tasks required for maintenance and repair of the water distribution system and, as necessary, the sewer collection system. Skills are required in water and sewer utility locates and inspections, plan review, public relations, maintenance, repair and installation of utility infrastructure. This position is supervised by a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in the area of work to be performed, such as: water distribution or sewer collections operations, maintenance, or inspections; heavy equipment operation, water or sewer system construction, or closely related work.
- Possession of a Missouri level “II” Water Distribution Certificate of Competency within 18 months of hire date.
- Possession of a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement preferred.
- Insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- Possession of a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement within 6 months of hire date.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position.
- Must be able to pass required physical capability examinations for the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Manager, Division Supervisor, or Crew Leader as assigned, to ensure all required and necessary work, meets service level expectations in the inspection, installation, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s water distribution, water metering and sewer collection systems. Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- For a complete listing of essential job duties and responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description on the City of Branson website.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.