Opening Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018; Open to Internal and External Applicants.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to applications received by Wednesday, May 2, 2018; Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m.
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday; 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Beginning Salary: $15.8566 per hour; when annualized equates to $32,981.73.
- The Equipment Operator I – Sewer Collection position is primarily responsible for operation of technical and heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance work of the sewer collection system. Performs tasks required in maintenance of the sewer collection system, and as necessary, the water distribution system.
- Skills are required in sewer and water pipe installation and repair, pump operations and system maintenance programs.
- This position may lead other sewer collection and water distribution employees in assigned maintenance tasks and projects.
- This position is supervised by a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent. One year experience in the area of work to be performed, such as: sewer collection or water distribution operations and maintenance, heavy equipment operation, or water and sewer system construction, or closely related work.
- Possession of a Missouri level “I” Water Distribution Certificate of Competency within 12 months of hire date.
- Possession of a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement and be insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- Possession of a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement within 6 months of hire date.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to pass required physical capability examinations for the position.
- Must properly follow all provisions of the City of Branson and the Utilities Department policies and procedures.
- Please refer to the job description on the City of Branson Website for a complete listing of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Supervisor and Crew Leader to ensure all required and necessary work, meets service level expectations in the installation, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s water distribution, water metering and sewer collection systems. Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- Primarily operates: sewer camera and video recording equipment for sewer line inspections, hydro-excavators, fork lifts, skid steer loaders, trenchers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, cranes, sewer line flushing equipment and sewer rodders.
- Please refer to the job description on the City of Branson Website for a complete listing of job responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.