Closing Date: Thursday, June 20, 2019; Applications must be submitted by 4:30 pm.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Beginning Salary: $19.3100 per hour; when annualized equates to $40,164.88.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Engineering Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates a wide variety of capital improvement projects, including the building of all types of residential, commercial and industrial structures, including, but not limited to roads, bridges, wastewater treatment plants, sanitary sewer, force mains, lift station, water systems, water treatment plants, water towers, storm sewers and municipal buildings. Phases of such projects typically include conceptual design, project scope, engineering design, environmental assessment and documentation, right-of-way negotiation and acquisition, construction and project close out and warranty work. Under general supervision of the Director of Public Works/Engineering.
- Graduation from an accredited technical school program or a college or university with an Associates of Technology degree in Civil Technology.
- Directly related work experience may be substituted for formal education or training.
- Three years of experience in the construction of streets, sanitary sewers or storm sewers construction, heavy highway construction, building construction, evaluation, material sampling, repair, rehabilitation or inspection.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Certification in specialty area is preferred.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this class.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and supervises the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction, making sure that the project gets done on time and within budget.
- Performs inspection responsibilities including renovation and repair work for quality, materials and workmanship of contractor work for new construction including major street and bridge construction, sanitary sewer lines, water lines, water towers, municipal buildings, municipal infrastructure or other public improvement.
- Determines/estimates the probable construction cost for various projects.
- Responds to phone and in-person informational requests from contractors and the general public regarding sanitary sewer, street, storm water, traffic signals, etc.
- Reviews complex engineering, structural, and architectural plans and ensures they conform and/or are compliant with Branson Technical Specifications for Public Improvement Projects and Design Criteria.
- Drives to various construction locations and/or work sites to gather on-site information and perform inspections of city and private construction as required.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.