Police Officer I Position
Opening Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to application packets received by Friday, June 14, 2019; Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m.
Beginning Salary: OFFICER I: $17.1567 per hour; when annualized $35,685.98.
*If hired within two years of obtaining P.O.S.T. certification, the City of Branson will reimburse for tuition costs and other approved expenses incurred while the employee attended the training academy.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position’s work consists of patrolling, enforcing laws and responding to emergency calls within a certain district of the City. This position is subject to working a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays due to 24-hour/7days a week departmental operations and is also subject to emergency call-in. This position works under direct supervision and is normally supervised by a Police Sergeant.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at start of employment.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Officers must possess a valid Missouri P.O.S.T. Certificate at the start of employment.
- Must be able to qualify with department issued firearms.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Missouri Motor Vehicle Operator’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/40; must pass the Ishihara color vision test and/or be able to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing red, green and amber; and must meet established hearing standards.
- Must possess no felony convictions and have no serious misdemeanor convictions within the past 5 years.
- No offensive tattoos or brands (i.e. depicting or supporting criminal behavior, drug usage, nudity, profanity, promiscuity, subversive groups, bigotry, etc.) No tattoo or brand may be visible above the collarbone or below the wrist.
- Must be able to pass in-house training courses on the proper use of various police equipment.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The employee must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, drag and/or move a minimum of one-hundred (100) pounds.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- This position requires successful completion of a pre-employment background screening, polygraph examination, psychological examination and post-offer medical evaluation.
YOUR FUTURE IS HERE! The City of Branson values all the women and men who serve the Branson community in their careers that positively impact the lives of the people that live, work, and play here. The City provides competitive pay and great benefits. Full time employee benefits include:
- excellent health, dental, and life insurance
- vision and other supplemental insurance available through payroll deduction
- accrued paid vacation
- accrued paid sick leave
- twelve paid holidays
- other special leave
- excellent pension plan
- other retirement savings plans available through payroll deduction
- paid training
- tuition reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting. EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.