Dispatcher I – City of Branson Position
Opening Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019; Open to Internal and External Applicants.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Priority consideration given to application packets received by Friday, June 14, 2019; Application packets must be received by 4:30 p.m.
Work Hours: Rotating shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Beginning Salary: $13.9500 per hour; when annualized equates to $29,015.96.
Applicants meeting the minimum eligibility requirements will be invited to complete a written exam.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Dispatcher I performs effective and responsive telecommunications work in the reception and transmission of 9-1-1 telephone and radio emergency communications for both Police and Fire departments regarding Calls For Services (CFS), and inquiries from the public. The employee is responsible for collecting and evaluating information to determine jurisdiction, equipment and personnel to be dispatched. The employee utilizes a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. This position works rotating shifts in a 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week operation that includes weekends and holidays. Work is performed in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Instructions will be received orally and/or in writing from the Communications Supervisor and/or Lead.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One year of experience in working with the public.
- Must be willing to obtain MULES certification, PST1 certification, and completion of State Mandated Continuing Education Requirements.
- National Career Readiness Certificate Preferred.
- Must be able to attend occasional required off-site training.
- Must possess no felony convictions.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination.
- Must be able to pass in-house training courses on the proper use of applicable equipment.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, a strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Please see job description on the City of Branson website for a complete listing of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone calls in a professional manner regarding emergency, potential emergency or non-emergency situations.
- Accurately enter call data into computer.
- Gives directions to emergency crews when needed.
- Monitors the movement of all emergency crews while on shift.
- Works closely with, and assists, the general public with complaints.
- Accurately maintain logs and records of dispatch activity.
- Monitors and answers radio traffic from emergency services units in the field.
- Accesses drivers’ license and criminal records for investigation.
- Receives and processes complaints into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- As needed, checks MULES system for reported stolen property and missing or wanted persons.
- Please see the job description on the City of Branson website for a complete listing of job responsibilities.
YOUR FUTURE IS HERE! The City of Branson values all the women and men who serve the Branson community in their careers that positively impact the lives of the people that live, work, and play here. The City provides competitive pay and great benefits. Full time employee benefits include:
- excellent health, dental, and life insurance
- vision and other supplemental insurance available through payroll deduction
- accrued paid vacation
- accrued paid sick leave
- twelve paid holidays
- other special leave
- excellent pension plan
- other retirement savings plans available through payroll deduction
- paid training
- tuition reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting. EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.