Opening Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Work Hours: PART TIME 10-20 hours per week. Mostly nights and weekends.
Beginning Salary: $9.50 per hour
POSITION SUMMARY: The Part Time Office Assistant position involves clerical work of routine difficulty and is responsible for performing simple and repetitive clerical duties in the Parks & Recreation Department. The work requires the operation of standard and electronic office equipment. This position works under direct supervision of the Office Specialist.
- Prefer some experience working with the public and some clerical experience.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Must be able to lift/move/carry more than fifteen (15) pounds and occasionally lift or move greater weights with equipment or assistance.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and pre-employment substance abuse testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates standard or electronic office equipment such as computer, copier, and scanner in the performance of routine clerical operations.
- Answers telephones and/or greets visitors.
- Directs phone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Receives complaints and inquiries; takes messages and responds to routine questions.
- Receives and delivers department communication such as in-coming and outgoing mail, packages, and other materials and receives and responds to inter-office e-mail communication.
- Communicates updated information to other front desk staff members concerning changes in procedures or program information to ensure consistency in customer service.
- Utilizes recreation specific software to accept program registrations and facility reservations.
- Accepts payments, balances daily cash draw and reconciles end-of-shift report.
- Notifies RecPlex staff of facility reservations.
- Creates public notifications or information flyers and handouts.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting.
EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.