Hiring Incentives available for qualified external applicants!
Cox Medical Center Branson is looking for a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
Currently have three opportunities available
***This position may qualify for a Hiring Incentive. Please call 417-830-9882 for more information***
Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs tests on blood and body fluids to determine the presence or absence of disease, monitor response to treatment and aid in health maintenance.
Laboratory Technicians perform tests on blood and body fluids to determine the presence or absence of disease, monitor response to treatment and aid in health maintenance (under supervision of Medical Technologists/Medical Laboratory Technicians).
- Medical Lab Technician: Associates Degree OR completion of an accredited MLT Program
- Medical Technologist: Bachelor’s Degree in an allied health related field
- Required: Completion of a medical technology program accredited by NAACLS
- Preferred: At least one year experience in an accredited laboratory
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management. Demonstrates clear verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, presentation, organization, prioritizing, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of current information technology and an ability to lead project teams to accomplish automation projects of large size and complexity.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs; high level proficiency in Excel.
- MLT: Certified as a Medical Lab Technician from a nationally recognized laboratory certifying agency or eligible to sit for exam at time of hire; must obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
- MT: Certified as a Medical Technologist (ASCP)/ Clinical Laboratory Scientist from a nationally recognized laboratory certifying agency or eligible to sit for exam at time of hire; must obtain ASCP within 90 days of hire.
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.