Cox Medical Center Branson seeks a qualified Hyperbaric Technician. The Hyperbaric Medicine Wound Care technician works in collaboration with Nurse and Provider staff to provide wound care and safe operation of the Hyperbaric Chambers. Applicant may be asked to attend Hyperbaric Chamber Operation Education. This is a fast paced environment that requires an energetic team oriented individual.
- Under the direction of a physician, performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy on approved patients.
- Operates and monitors hyperbaric chamber and other hyperbaric support systems.
- Performs necessary maintenance to systems daily.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent, 0-2 years of related experience and certification as a Hyperbaric Technician.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Required: 1 year experience in a direct patient care in hospital, clinic or pre-hospital environment
- Preferred: 1 year Experience in Hyperbaric Medicine or Wound Clinic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-task environment
- Strong Team player
- Required: Must be a licensed CHT, EMT, or LPN.
- CHT must be obtained within two years of hire.
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.