The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse provides nursing care to the patient during pre and post-procedure phases. The RN assists in performing interventional procedures like cardiac catheterizations, valvuloplasties, angioplasties, and stents. Other procedures include inserting pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs).
The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse will circulate cases, administer moderate sedation, pain medication, and any other medications ordered by the physician during the procedure. The nurse initiates or maintains medication drips to manage the patient hemo-dynamically and conducts point-of-care lab testing as ordered.
- Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Previous nursing experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
- Exhibits valuable time management skills
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- MO RN license
- BLS must be obtained within 90 days
- Must obtain ACLS within one year of hire
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.