Cox Medical Center Branson is looking for a qualified Radiology Technologist to serves in the radiology department. Radiology technician job description involves taking pictures of the body while utilizing various imaging methods, which includes magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammography, basic X-ray, fluoroscopy, and computed tomography (CT).
Radiology Technologists are responsible for ensuring the patient’s safety during the course of the procedure. Technicians may be required to explain the procedure in layman terms to ensure a patient’s comfort. Most importantly, the ability to produce a high quality image consistently is crucial as this will help physicians to correctly provide diagnosis.
- Instructing the patients to undergo the appropriate positions to get accurate images
- Keeping radiographic equipment in quality working order
- Obtaining images for any areas requested by the physician or radiologist
- Using radiation on the patient if necessary
- Managing work schedules
- Keeping track of patient records
- Assisting radiologists and physicians in the process of understanding and evaluating the images
- Preventing exposure from certain areas of the patient’s body so they do not expose to radiation
Independently, or under the direct supervision of a physician, performs radiology procedures consistent with the established standard of medical care in radiology, following policies and protocols using established anatomical positioning and physiology to produce optimum images, while keeping patient welfare, confidentiality and comfort a top priority.
- Required: Graduate of ARRT accredited School of Radiological Technology
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Radiology or a related field
- Preferred: 1-2 Years Related Experience
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of current diagnostic radiology technical information.
- Proficient in using computers and computer systems.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, presentation, organization, prioritizing, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
- ARRT-R must be obtained prior to start date
- Must obtain BLS within 90 days of hire date
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.