Cox Medical Center Branson is looking for a qualified Registered Nurse (RN) – Hyperbaric Wound Care. This RN utilizes the nursing process to effectively assess the needs of patients, identify a plan of care, and implement and evaluate the care given. Provides direct and indirect care to patients and leads the patient care team toward goal achievement in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and hospital policy. Must be a graduate of an approved nursing program with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related experience.
- Under the leadership of the department director, assistant director and/or manager, the wound care nurse (WC RN) communicates with and collaborates with physicians, other hospital nursing staff, and other healthcare team members to provide consistent quality care for wound treatment program patients.
- The WC RN works with a high degree of autonomy and is responsible and accountable for assigned patients as a case manager to plan, evaluate, and implement the care for patients within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act.
- The WC RN complies with all hospital policies and procedures while performing job duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, completing the initial admission process, vital signs, wound assessments, wound photography, wound dressings, vascular assessments, wound Vac, compression therapy; assisting the physician with various procedures; and providing education to patient and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
- Exhibits valuable time management skills
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Must have recent nursing experience (working within the past two years).
- Areas of expertise preferred but not limited to are: acute care, urgent care, medical surgical, community nursing, home health, hospice and or rehab experience.
- Wound care experience within the past two years is preferred.
- This position requires critical thinking, communication, multi-tasking, flexibility, and good interpersonal skills.
As necessary to obtain a MO State RN license.
- Current license to practice in the State of Missouri required.
- American Hospital Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required.
- Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) and/or Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing (WOCN) certifications preferred.
- BLS must be obtained within 90 days
- Must complete department specific certifications within the designated time frame
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.