ULTRASONOGRAPHER JOB DUTIES:
Cox Medical Center Branson is looking for a qualified Ultrasonographer. Independently, or under the direct supervision of a physician, performs ultrasound/sonography procedures consistent with the established standard of medical care in ultrasound/sonography, following policies and protocols using established anatomical positioning and physiology to produce optimum sonographic imaging, while keeping patient welfare, confidentiality and comfort a top priority.
- Perform ultrasonic diagnostic procedures in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by physicians.
- Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
- Maintain ultrasound and vascular lab equipment in appropriate operating condition.
- Maintain examination rooms and work areas.
- Order and stock all ultrasound and vascular lab supplies.
This position is PRN (as needed).
- Maintain accurate department records, reports and files as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work as a team member within the ultrasound department and all other departments.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Graduate or graduation eligible (successful completion of all didactic courses and clinical competencies – not able to walk until next graduation date) of an approved school of medical sonography. Experience may be substituted for applicants that have not successfully completed a formal education program in medical sonography
- One year dedicated ultrasound experience OR No experience required with fulfillment of education requirement
- Preferred: Two years dedicated sonography imaging experience
- ARRT-S or ARDMS Abd, or OB/GYN, or RVT required before start date
- Must obtain BLS within 90 days of hire date
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of current diagnostic radiology technical information.
- Proficient in using computers and computer systems.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, presentation, organization, prioritizing, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management and peers.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with difficult people.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in busy, stressful or emergency situations.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone.
Vision: Requires eye sight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and read information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eyehand coordination for operation and repair of all department equipment. Requires exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.