The Medical Equipment Delivery Educator II (MEDE II) will be responsible for delivery, set-up and education of durble medical equipment and supplies, which could occur in the customer home, Home Support office or clinic/hospital settings. Provides 24-hour/day coverage to Home Support customers and triage all calls effectively.
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
No Previous Experience Required
- Must be able to use computer/software systems, phone system in order to transmit orders.
- Markets and represents Home Support in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Possesses the ability to communicate as a team when problem solving, discussing comments, ideas and issues with co-workers and supervisors.
- Familiar and compliant with regulatory agencies and CoxHealth Home Support policy and procedures as it relates to their job.
- Demonstrates timeliness, courtesy, sincerity and patience when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area in order to facilitate timely order placement and easy order tracking
- Utilizes supplies in an efficient manner and orients and maintains a thorough working knowledge of the warehouse and inventory management systems.
- Effectively maintains current knowledge of respiratory and DME equipment and trends related to home care.
- Defines hospital emergency codes, OSHA standards, infection control methods and performs lifting principles in completing the job. Practices safety principles in completing job.
- Able to communicate the problems/needs of the MEDE II job responsibilities and of a patient or customer well and through the appropriate channels
- Utilizes current committee structures and formal line of communication to promote problem solving and decision making and to communicate results.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines and protocols for optimal care delivery. Incorporate data and information to continually improve care and practice to enhance outcome.
- Familiar and compliant with DOT, Joint Commission, OSHA, FDA regulations and CoxHealth Home Support policy and procedure as it relates to their job.
- Must obtain Class E Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
- If performing Liquid Oxygen duties, a CDL is required within 60 days of hire.
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.