CoxHealth is seeking a licensed Pharmacist for its Branson location.
Staff pharmacists process/verify orders for medications, monitor patient medication therapies and provide drug information. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct support personnel. In the absence of the pharmacy manager, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy manager
- As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and administering appropriate pharmaceuticals to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs.
- The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
- The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or to be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
- The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Provide assistance other medical services such as injections, blood pressure/ temperature measurements etc.
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
- Required: Bachelors in Pharmacy – Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy
- Preferred: Doctorate of Pharmacy – Completion of ASHP accredited PGY1 residency
- Required: No Prior Experience Required
- Preferred: 2 years healthcare setting or equivalent residency training
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Pharmacy information systems (eg. MediTech, Mediware etc.)
- Good organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
- Integrity and compassion
- Registered with Missouri Board of Pharmacy as Pharmacist or registry eligible and obtain within 90 days of hire
- **Eligibility for licensure requires submission of application for Pharmacy License at time of hire**
- Medication Therapy Services certification if hired after June 1, 2013. If hired prior to June 1, 2013, Medication Therapy Services certification is required by December 31, 2013.
Cox Medical Center Branson is a full-service hospital caring for residents of and visitors to Stone and Taney counties. From our newly expanded and renovated Emergency Room and critical care areas, to our new Women’s Center, Cox Medical Center Branson offers the care you need, right here.