Faith Community Health is hiring for a part-time CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) or RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) position.
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication.
Clinical duties will include, but not be limited to, working under the direction of the healthcare provider, taking and recording vital signs, taking patient medical histories, restocking patient rooms, ECGs, PFTs, and other responsibilities.
Candidates need to have good customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, and be able to work independently or with others.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Check with patients and type up patients charts
- Assist during medical examinations
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant or medical secretary
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
Faith Community Health offers access to affordable medical, dental, dispensary, vision, health and wellness, and mental health services at one location. FCH is a faith-based, non-profit healthcare organization, which delivers quality and affordable care to individuals that either live and/or work in Stone or Taney counties.