Forsyth School has an immediate opening for a full-time evening custodian.
Apply in person at the district office located at 178 Panther Street in Forsyth.
- Ensuring spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpets
- Washing and sanitizing toilets, sinks and showers and restocking disposables
We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by watering plants, mowing lawn, cleaning entrances
- Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous pests
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Familiarity with basic handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
The mission of the Forsyth R-III School District is to “Equip Students for Their Next Stage in Life.” You will find that faculty, staff, and our community work together to make this mission a reality. Our school district is conveniently located on one campus in the heart of Forsyth. Forsyth Elementary is the home to our students in preschool through fourth grade. Students in grades fifth through eighth attend our middle school and students in grades nine through twelve enroll in our high school.