Special Education Paraprofessional:
The Forsyth R-III School District has an opening for a Special Education Paraprofessional for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Successful candidates should be able to work well with students with a variety of abilities and disabilities, demonstrate initiative, and communicate well with students and staff. A minimum of 60 college credit hours required. To be considered for this position, please mail, email, or deliver in person the following documents to Dr. Michelle Phelan, Special Education Director, email@example.com: a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of reference.
Assist special education teacher in non-teaching tasks.
• Provide assistance in developing and implementing curriculum for students with special needs.
• Manage educational materials and resources procurement.
• Support students by following the plan of action for rehabilitation.
• Monitor students’ progress and supervise curriculum based testing procedures.
• Supervise student activities in class, halls, and playgrounds.
• Model classroom behavior and ensure that students follow it.
• Help students during snack time and with their toileting needs.
• Assist teachers in assessing students’ performance and appraisals.
• Maintain students’ and progress report in the facility’s database.
• Encourage students to take part in specially designed programs.
• Ensure the safety of students at all times.
• Assist in teaching students self-care and enforce positive behavior.
• Alert lead teacher in case of emergencies or problems related to health or behavior of students.
• Serve as a model in developing students’ confidence.
• Test student to determine their understanding of concepts taught in class
• Ensure confidentiality of student and progress information.
• Provide physical assistant to students who have trouble looking after their physical needs such as sitting and walking.
• Work on a one-on-one basis with students who may need special attention.
• Prepare and distribute educational materials in accordance with the decided lesson plans.
The mission of the Forsyth R-III School District is to “Equip Students for Their Next Stage in Life.” You will find that faculty, staff, and our community work together to make this mission a reality. Our school district is conveniently located on one campus in the heart of Forsyth. Forsyth Elementary is the home to our students in preschool through fourth grade. Students in grades fifth through eighth attend our middle school and students in grades nine through twelve enroll in our high school.