Elementary Teacher Position:
Forsyth Elementary has an opening for an elementary teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Application packet can be mailed to Forsyth Elementary, Attn: Dr. Kendra Stuart, P.O. Box 187, Forsyth, MO 65653.
As an elementary school teacher, you have the opportunity to set the tone for learning for the rest of a student’s life. When students have a good, educational, happy experience during elementary school, they are more prepared to take on the challenges of middle school, high school and college. You are able to teach students to love learning and also how to overcome the challenges and obstacles they face that keep them from reaching their goals. While adhering to the core curriculum required by the state, you are able to find creative, engaging ways to teach students real-life application of difficult concepts like literature, math and science.
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school.
- Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class.
- Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at home, and help them find the resources they need.
- Grade papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become habit.
- Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
- Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
- Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school no matter what.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Information required by the district in order to be considered an active candidate includes a completed district application, a resume with references, and a valid Missouri teaching certificate **Application packet can be mailed to Forsyth Elementary, Attn: Dr. Kendra Stuart, P.O. Box 187, Forsyth, MO 65653.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Organized, capable and able to multitask
The mission of the Forsyth R-III School District is to “Equip Students for Their Next Stage in Life.” You will find that faculty, staff, and our community work together to make this mission a reality. Our school district is conveniently located on one campus in the heart of Forsyth. Forsyth Elementary is the home to our students in preschool through fourth grade. Students in grades fifth through eighth attend our middle school and students in grades nine through twelve enroll in our high school.