Gift of Hope in Forsyth, MO is looking for a skilled and compassionate Public Relations Specialist!
Responsible for maintaining all Public Relation functions for Gift of Hope to include planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all Gift of Hope programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at anytime.
- Attendance is key to performing the job.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinate Backpack Program to include:
- Working with school counselors, teachers and administrators to identify students in need and distribution of food
- Coordinate food distribution with Springfield Grocer
- Ensure each school has processes in place to pack food into backpacks and get backpacks distributed to students on Fridays
- Coordinate any summer programs for food distribution as needed
Coordinate Cents of Pride to include:
- Work with school administrators to ensure “stores” are stocked for “shopping days”
- Purchase and deliver items to have available for students in each “store”
- Work with school administrators and Gift of Hope’s Board of Directors to identify appropriate items for “stores”
Coordinate Christmas Share to include:
- Work with Love, Inc. to identify families in need of assistance for Christmas season
- Work directly with each family identified to assess their needs and purchase necessary items
- Take families shopping as needed
- Make judgment calls on additional families in need throughout the winter to assist where needed and balance those needs with funds available
Coordinate School Days Program to include:
- Work with school counselors to purchase tennis shoes for students in need
- Negotiate discounted shoe purchases through a voucher process with local shoe merchants and coordinate invoicing process for purchases made by school representatives
Coordinate Scholarship Program to include:
- Provide applications and criteria to Forsyth High School counselor
- Coordinate interview process with counselor and make decisions on whom to award scholarships
- Attend awards program to present scholarships
- Track and monitor students in scholarship program to ensure classes are scheduled and grades are provided
- Coordinate payment of scholarships to educational institutions
Coordinate all fundraising activities for Gift of Hope to support above programs
- Serve as representative, attend meetings, and promote Gift of Hope at local Chamber of Commerce organizations, Kiwanis, Lions Club, Branson Leadership Team, First Place, Boys and Girls Club, Love Inc. and any other organizations deemed appropriate
- Manage and lead volunteers for all Gift of Hope fundraising activities and events
- Schedule and coordinate a bi-monthly Gift of Hope Board of Director’s meeting and provide minutes of said meetings
- Manage the Gift of Hope budget and work with the National Enzyme Company Finance department to coordinate all financial activities of the organization
- Manage all public relations for Gift of Hope to include newspaper, radio and television
- Write and coordinate grants for all Gift of Hope programs and constantly research for new grant opportunities
- Provide thank you letters and tax deductible receipts for all Gift of Hope donors
- Manage upkeep of Gift of Hope storage unit
- Regularly update the Gift of Hope website and work with National Enzyme Company’s Graphics and Marketing departments to promote the organization
- Maintain assistance records provided on Charity Tracker software
- The equipment listed is representative of what an employee must be able to operate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office equipment such as computer, printer, fax machine, telephones, calculator, copy machine.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Much travel by car is needed in order to solicit funding and pick up supplies.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university
- At least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MANAGER’S DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain Gift of Hope budget.
- Direct and lead all Gift of Hope, Inc. activities.
- Effectively manage multiple public relations projects as well as Gift of Hope projects.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for departmental functions.
- Develop and maintain departmental goals and performance measurements.
- Support and enforce all company policies.
- Cultivate company culture throughout the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information effectively and to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to solve commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and special requests/changes.
- Must be able to work well with other people.
- Must be a self-starter, have creative and innovative ideas.
- Must be able to motivate people to participate in team projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
From humble beginnings, in 1989, the owners and employees of National Enzyme Company in Forsyth, Missouri, decided to forego the traditional gift exchange between co-workers. Instead they collected money to help a family through the holiday season. They raised $700.00 and “adopted” their first family. Thus the charity was formed and has been growing and exceeding expectations ever since.