The Hiltons of Branson is looking for Bellstaff to assist guests by carrying baggage to and from hotel rooms, disseminating information about the hotel’s facilities and room’s amenities, and coordinating certain aspects of guests’ arrivals and departures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Assists incoming and outgoing guests carrying baggage to and from their rooms; explains features of room to guest ensuring that all equipment is functioning properly; gives location of ice and vending machines; reviews safety procedures.
- Welcomes guests upon drive-up arrival and when directing guests to their rooms.
- Explains and promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets and becomes informed and knowledgeable of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area (including times, dates, and costs). Is very familiar with the area.
- Oversees the arrival of guest packages. Ensure they are all logged and delivered to the guest in a timely manner.
- Provides guests with local directions in a courteous and accurate manner.
- Arranges for the appropriate transportation of guests to and from the hotel when necessary.
- Ensures baggage is secured and tagged at guest request to store baggage.
- Responds to guest needs including delivery of guest mail/messages, left behind items and any other requests received from guests or Guest Services staff.
- May oversee and/or direct parking in coordination with Security during heavy check-in periods and bus arrivals. Coordinates issues such as overflow parking with Front Desk
- Is able to discuss area attractions and restaurants with first hand knowledge. Must be very familiar with area and local events (including times, dates, costs).
- Oversees the arrival of guest packages. Ensures they are all logged and delivered to the guests in a timely manner.
- May accept dry-cleaning from guests and secure for pick up by dry-cleaning company; delivers clean laundry to guest room in a timely manner.
- Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and ensures appropriate action is taken. Reports necessary complaints and issues to proper management. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the lobby, entrance, and drive-up areas are always presentable and free from trash, food, etc. and that furniture is in place.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Basic reading and writing skills. No experience necessary.
- Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification.
- CDL and/or valid drivers license may be required, depending on area.
Skills and Qualities:
- Interpersonal skills
- Able to carry/load luggage quickly and efficiently
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of city including local restaurants and attractions
- Energetic and helpful personality
- Outgoing and welcoming towards others
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
- The major responsibility in this position is to assist incoming and outgoing guests; therefore a significant portion of the day is spent carrying, lifting, walking, standing and speaking.
- The vast majority of time is spent carrying guests’ baggage to and from their rooms. Therefore carrying or lifting items weighing approximately 100 pounds occurs frequently.
- Driving is necessary a portion of the time to transport guests to and from the airport or other locations.
- Basic reading and writing skills are used at times when looking up information for guests or reading or giving directions.
- Basic mathematical skills are used some of the time.
Please upload your resume using the “Apply for Job” button. In the “message” section, please include a brief cover letter of the position you are interested and a short summary of why you feel you are right for the job. We can’t wait to have you on the team!