The Hiltons of Branson is looking for a competent Restaurant Server to take orders and deliver them to our guests maintaining and enhancing the quality of our customer service. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards. The goal is to accelerate our business development by providing customers with a memorable experience.
- Radiates a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Becomes informed of kitchen/food shortages and relays the shortages to guests when necessary.
- Becomes informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed and/or requested by customers.
- Ensures that any special requests that the kitchen is able to deliver for the guest is indeed met.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks sales receipts; receives change from cashier and returns change promptly to guest.
- Receives direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Reports serious guest requests to appropriate supervisor. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- May assist Greeter/Cashier with greeting and seating guests; assist busperson with clearing table and filling glasses.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Basic reading, writing and math.
- Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations is preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification and/or License Requirement:
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit as required by local or state government agency.
Skills and Qualities:
- Customer service oriented
- Interpersonal communications.
- Retention of Information
- Able to implement proper serving, wine-serving, and table-clearing techniques
- Quick-paced and multitasking abilities
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
- The major responsibility in this position is to provide prompt and courteous service to restaurant guests; therefore a significant portion of the time is spent speaking, listening, walking, standing and carrying.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
- The vast majority of time is spent servicing the menu items, which is typically done while standing up and walking.
- Communication skills are used a significant amount of the time when talking with guests or staff and when given instructions.
- Lifting, carrying, balancing, and pushing items of up to 75 pounds (i.e. plates, utensils, trays, tables, carts) occurs frequently.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized frequently when documenting a guest’s order, reading the menu, or when processing customer payments.
- Reasoning, problem solving and organizational abilities are used often to coordinate guest requests or complaints.
- Basic mathematical skills are used when completing customer payment transactions.
Please upload your resume using the “Apply for Job” button. In the “message” section, please include a brief cover letter of the position you are interested and a short summary of why you feel you are right for the job. We can’t wait to have you on the team!