Hiltons of Branson is now hiring a Valet! Apply today to join an amazing team in Branson, MO!
Assists guests arriving at the hotel by parking cars, carrying luggage and packages, and directing guests to the appropriate area. Maintains the appearance of the front drive area to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Directs arriving vehicles to appropriate pull-up lane to ensure efficiency of the valet operation and organization of the front drive.
- Opens all vehicle doors for passengers. Assists guests exiting the vehicles when appropriate.
- Greets guests in a friendly manner and receives instructions regarding the routing of luggage, packages, and/or other belongings. Coordinates requested services with bellstaff.
- Exchanges valet ticket with guest. Parks the vehicle according to policy. Files guest keys and valet tickets in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Reports any vehicle damage immediately to supervisor.
- Coordinates parking arrangements for large events with front desk. Arranges for parking overflow if needed.
- Frequently checks the drive-up area for debris or messes. Promptly cleans area to ensure the driveway’s excellent appearance.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- No other experience necessary.
Certification and/or License Requirement:
- Alcohol awareness certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- CDL or other permits may be required depending on area.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Good Driver.
- Knowledge of city including local restaurants, attractions, and streets.
- Ability to reference unknown city information quickly and efficiently.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
- The major responsibility in this position is to assist incoming and outgoing guests; therefore a significant portion of the day is spent driving, carrying, lifting, walking, standing and speaking.
- Time will be spent lifting and carrying guests’ baggage. Carrying or lifting items weighing approximately 100 pounds occurs frequently.
Please upload your resume using the “Apply for Job” button. In the “message” section, please include a brief cover letter of the position you are interested and a short summary of why you feel you are right for the job. We can’t wait to have you on the team!