City of Hollister, MO is looking for full-time Police Officers.
- Police Officer is a full-time position under the general supervision of an assigned Sergeant.
- Applicants must hold a current law enforcement certification.
- The position description, application, and background check at www.cityofhollister.com or at City Hall (312 Esplanade).
- Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
- The City of Hollister is an equal opportunity employer offering a progressive benefits package.
- Deter crimes and assure community through high-visibility policing
- Patrol assigned areas and monitor activities to protect people/property
- Investigate crimes and apprehend suspected law violators
- Observe and respond to various situations or emergencies
- Follow rules, guidelines and protocols
- Conduct initial investigations
- Gather evidence and ensure successful prosecutions
- Produce internal reports and provide feedback on case status
- Deal with case paperwork and administrative procedures
- Foster good public relationships and liaise with community groups or individuals
- Coordinate operations with other emergency services
- Attend and provide evidence in court
- Proven working experience in law enforcement
- Proficiency in using police equipment
- Excellent knowledge of standard operating procedures, judicial procedures, civil and constitutional laws
- Working knowledge of interrogation techniques and scene management
- Knowledge and skills of law enforcement principles and practices
- Adequate interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Sound judgement along with effective decision making skills
- Conflict resolutions and problem solving skills
- Responsibility, dependability, honesty and integrity
- Willing to submit to extensive medical and criminal background checks
- Valid driving licence
- High school degree; BS degree in police science or related field is desirable
Hollister is noted for bringing to Taney County the first major influx of tourism. It had the first iron bridge in Taney County which still spans Turkey Creek, the first paved street, electric lights, movie house, the first registered pharmacist and modern steam heated hotel.
The colorful history of this unusual Ozark town is fascinating and covers and era when stock wars were waged between merchants and stockmen. Grape carnivals promoted by the railroad were gala affairs where men and women of an age gone by helped to build an unique English Village in the Ozarks. . .Hollister, Missouri