Audio Visual Technician Position
The Technician/Sales position is responsible for onsite trade show management, setup and dismantle of meeting room audio visual equipment and production requirements. The candidate will liaison with convention center and hotel sales persons, service managers and staff to ensure the successful execution of all trade shows, meetings and event productions. This includes coordinating the process from agreement to final billing and the overall ownership, show management and accountability for the financial wholeness of Liberty Exposition by exceeding customer satisfaction and expectation for any and all events.
Key Job Functions:
• Proficiency with setting up and operating a live video switcher. Proficiency with multitasking to direct camera operator while operating video switcher and audio mixer during live events. An understanding of up to date video capture and live video formats as well as video protocols and procedures
• Perform as a technician on a regular basis which includes design, physical set up and tear down of audio visual / production equipment (lifting involved).
• Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Ability to resolve equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely set up, operation and breakdown of audio visual equipment.
• Ability to work independently and in teams, adapt to a constant changing environment and lead by example.
• Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during meetings and events to ensure proper staffing, required equipment and make real time adjustments as necessary.
• Understands and foster the hotel/client relationship by establishing excellent working relationships with Convention Center & Hotel Event Services staff, executives, company team members and all vendors.
• Participate in designated sales and site visits with customers and/or event planners to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual or tradeshow support.
• Maintain prospects and accounts, respond to sales leads for potential business; establish, manage and maintain customer relationships.
• Develop multi-show management relationships; expand sales opportunities with existing accounts to gain greater business opportunity and renew/book established repeat business.
• Responsible for entering and maintaining detailed event related information in the current Liberty Exposition sales database booking system.
• Minimum of two(2)years’ experience in the audio visual and/or technical theatre field
• Working knowledge of:*
• Audio Visual equipment including: professional & consumer projectors, digital/analog lighting and audio microphones, mixers and signal path*
• IMAG Camera
• Standard and high watt electrical services.
• Rigging and lift operation
• Basic computer software programs and systems
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Two to four (2-4) years of convention, audio visual, special event, tradeshow, hospitality industry related experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to perform in a high pressured, fast paced environment.
• Attention to detail and the ability to multi task effectively and efficiently.
• Strong professional verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and strategies.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Knowledge and skill set of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other administrative office equipment.
• Other Position Requirements
• Irregular hours and on call status to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to pull, push and lift up to fifty pounds of materials and equipment.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. (show/event site venues)
• Ability to operate forklift (if not prior experience, willingness to train on equipment to become proficient)
• Ability to operate Scissor, Boom and Man lifts (if not prior experience, willingness to train on equipment to become proficient)
• Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines (hair length, facial hair and attire).
Founded in Kansas City, Missouri in 2001, Liberty Exposition Services, Inc. has evolved into a respected and trusted nationwide full-service general service contractor. At Liberty Expo, our team is comprised of friendly, committed, creative, proven professionals.
With well over 100 years of tradeshow, convention and hospitality experience, Liberty Expo will become an extension of your team to provide your event with a shared vision, passion and enthusiasm.