SORA Labs is a full-service analytical, microbiological, and physical testing laboratory associated with National Enzyme Company. SORA Labs is seeking a qualified Associate Chemist.
- The person in this role performs chemical and physical testing of samples submitted to SORA Laboratories.
- Develops testing methods for samples, and calibration & maintenance procedures for analytical instrumentation.
- Trains new Assistant Chemist personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of the position at anytime.
- The functions below are to be performed in accordance with all applicable FDA, OSHA, EPA, and ISO standards and regulations.
- Perform and report the assigned testing of samples submitted to the laboratory.
- Render pass/fail dispositions based on results.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct in vitro testing research as contracted by SORA customers. Prepare reports as required.
- Develop, validate, and continuously improve sample specifications and testing methodologies.
- Troubleshoot anomalous results generated by the laboratory. Perform testing in support of OOS investigations.
- Develop advanced laboratory instrumentation maintenance and calibrations programs.
- Record and peer-review analytical and calibration work performed as required for GMP and laboratory accountability.
- Develop and maintain the laboratory record-keeping systems necessary for regulatory and ISO compliance.
- Properly handle and dispose of all hazardous waste generated during routine functions.
- Train new Assistant Chemist personnel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess expertise and proficiency with advanced analytical techniques and state-of-the-art laboratory instrumentation.
- Be able to read, analyze, interpret and author testing methods and standard operating procedures.
- Be capable of extensive problem solving and project design with original thought and moderate supervision.
- Be able to work independently, and to interact with scientific peers in an effective manner.
- Be willing to work extended hours, weekends and holidays when needed.
- The position requires extensive standing. The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- Three years of laboratory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is carried out in an analytical laboratory within a factory setting.
- There is considerable exposure to raw materials and chemical reagents.
- Personal Protective Equipment such as lab coats, gloves, safety glasses and respirators must be worn as defined by safety policy.
Please upload your resume using the “Apply for Job” button. In the “message” section, please include a brief cover letter of the position you are interested and a short summary of why you feel you are right for the job. We can’t wait to have you on the team!
SORA Labs is a full-service analytical, microbiological, and physical testing laboratory. Our testing is compliant with FDA cGMP regulations for the nutritional supplement industry, encompassing both animal nutrition and human supplements. Our capabilities span vitamins & minerals, nutraceuticals, botanical ingredients and more.
Specializing in enzyme assays, we are the foremost experts in testing for quality and potency in natural ingredient raw material and finished products.