Joining our team means launching into a career that’s fun and challenging. You’ll receive competitive pay and benefits in exchange for your hard work, fresh ideas, leadership and – of course – Southern hospitality! Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen is setting sail in Spring of 2019 at one of Branson’s most visited entertainment destinations, Branson Landing.
You know the restaurant business. You’ve managed a staff before. You know how to deliver quality service and serve up a good meal. But what if you were given the opportunity to lead – not only a restaurant – but a family-style dining experience born from one of the most iconic cooking brands in the business?
We’re a BIG business, doing BIG sales, and this is a BIG responsibility, but an even bigger opportunity . If you’re up for the challenge, we want to meet you.
LOOKING FOR GROWTH? Our careers are made fresh daily!
Many of our managers started their careers as hourly team members, moving their way up to management and are now in charge of the success of multiple locations! We are a growing company, continuing to open new concepts tied to major brands with big personalities.
What do we have in store for you? A dynamic, fast paced environment with a detailed training program, solid work-life balance, highly competitive salary and benefit package and more.
Here’s what we want you to bring to the table:
- The ability to know the way, show the way and go the way. This means not just managing, but walking the walk and talking the talk to represent the unmatched Southern standards of the Paula Deen brand.
- An ownership mentality and pride in everything you do, approaching each decision with purpose, persistence and passion to inspire top-notch performance from the ground up.
- An understanding that a restaurant’s livelihood rests on the shoulders of quality employees. This means finding, developing and retaining the best talent for the job.
- A commitment to the culture of our restaurant. We want our culture to reflect the Southern hospitality and humble beginnings that started Paula Deen’s career.
- Front of House? Back of House? Retail? There are a lot of players in the game. This means you’ll have to communicate with decisiveness, organization and most importantly – respect.
- A commitment to motivate by example. When Paula walks into one of her restaurants, she’s not afraid to run food to a table or flip a hoecake on the grill. Great managers lead by example, doing whatever it takes to get the job done. All hands on deck!
- Ability to think on your feet. A sink overflows, the register glitches, someone calls out. Things happen, and your staff is looking to you to know what to do. A quick fix may be required, but the best managers develop long term solutions to anchor potential problems before they go overboard.
We want you to create a restaurant experience that YOU are proud of. An experience that’s worthy of your momma bragging to all her friends and hanging your picture on the fridge. Up for the challenge? We want to talk to you. Apply today!
City – Branson
State – MO
English Level – Advanced
Minimum Age – 18
Average Hrs/Wk >55-60
- Schedule will vary and employees must be willing to work when employer needs them.
- Hours can vary between 7am-11:30pm.
- 2 Days off per week
The position of Manager is a fast paced, hands-on role that is dedicated to leading all aspects of the restaurant. The Manager contributes to the success of the restaurant by improving food quality and consistency while achieving target food cost and labor productivity. The Manager will achieve this by providing leadership, coaching, training, development, and recognition to all employees.
- Works and partners with the Manager Partner to achieve company and restaurant goals.
- Works closely with other managers to create a cohesive management team.
Must maintain high standards of food quality and appearance while never compromising on the safety
and integrity of all food purchased, received, stored, prepared, and served to the guest.
- Supervises in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Hires, trains, schedules and develops back of house employees. Works closely developing management
- Coach and mentor employees by providing clear feedback, recognition, and discipline.
- Addresses employee complaints and problems when they arise.
- Model professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that
encourages employees to do their BEST.
- Identifies and develops employees for future leadership roles.
- Enforce safe work behaviors that comply with OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety
and security policies. Has a zero tolerance for unsafe practices.
- Reviews and takes appropriate action based upon the review of financial reports.
- Knowledgeable of current menu items and their allergy/caloric information.
- Ensures that recipes and portion controls are being followed.
- Responsible for the inventory and ordering process to maintain sufficient levels of product, small wares,
and the tools necessary to provide an excellent experience for our employees and guests.
- Optimizing weekly employee schedules making adjustments as needed based upon sales performance.
- Enforces the proper use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintains all paperwork functions.
- Meet and greet guests; investigate and resolve food quality issues.
- Occasionally assist with category and manager duties, as needed. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
Required Duties – Manage and enhance guest and employee experience.
Skills Required – Outgoing, hard working
Supplies Required – Button down long sleeve shirt, slacks or khakis, no jeans. Belt and Socks. Slip-resistant shoes.
Interview Required? Yes
Additional Information – Men’s facial hair should be clean shaven and hair above collar length. Good personal hygiene is a must. Clean presentable and conservative in appearance.
- Pay Rate USD $50,000 to $55,000 per year
- Company Provided Housing? Yes
- Pay Frequency? Bi-Weekly
- Physical Demands – Must be able to stand for long periods of time; Performing duties which require bending, reaching, and/or lifting
- Benefits Offered By Host – Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance. Vacation and Employee Discounts
Please send resume to:
Marty Armbrester – Director of Human Resources
At Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, our number one job requirement is simple: Southern Hospitality. We are a restaurant born from one of the most iconic brands in the cooking industry, and our values lie in our namesake. Making our guests feel like family while serving up delicious, Southern cuisine is our top priority, and we are always looking for dedicated team members to help take our service to the next level. When a guest walks through the door, we want to make them feel welcome — just as if they are walking into their own grandmother’s house. Whether you’re a guest service expert, restaurant manager, retail professional, chef or just an all-around hard worker, we’d love to talk to you about an opportunity to join our team!