OPENING SUMMER ’19 – NOW HIRING SERVERS!
At Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, guests will enjoy classic Deen family recipes in a unique family-style setting just like they do in their very own homes. We serve up endless portions of Southern-Style entrees and side dishes, and every visitor ends their meal with a dessert of their choice! Our restaurant brings friends and families together over a meal, while offering up a one-of-a-kind dining experience you’re sure to remember.
English Level: Advanced
Minimum Age: 18
Average Hrs/Wk >40
- Schedule will vary and employees must be willing to work when employer needs them. Weekends (Friday-Sunday) are required and Monday-Thursday schedule will be determined by business.
- Hours can vary between 7am-11:30pm.
- Double Shifts may be scheduled
- Additional Hours Details – Overtime is available but not guaranteed.
- Servers are responsible for greeting guests once they have been seated at their table, discussing menu items,
taking food orders and serving food, occasionally visit table for any additional help and ensuring they
receive outstanding guest service during their visit.Restaurant Servers
- Servers are also expected to help clean the table and set it up for the next guest.
- This is a great job for someone who likes to talk with people, enjoys working in a fast paced environment
and has an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must be able to work under pressure, stand on your feet for long periods of time and be able to work quickly
- Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- Taking guests’ orders
- Running food
- Handling cash & other forms of payment
- Demonstrating responsible alcohol service
- Suggestive selling – using proven techniques
- Answering questions
- Satisfying any/all needs of the guests – regularly double checking back with guests throughout their experience
- Maintaining a clean & organized station – including pre-bussing & table maintenance
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – setting up/breaking down station, expo line, refilling condiments, etc
- Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers
- Demonstrating knowledge of all menu items.
- Skills Required: Must have Advanced English
- Must be able to work in a team
- Must have outstanding Guest Service Skills
- Must be well organized
We are looking for people who can:
- Provide friendly service, maintaining the standards of performance, service, hospitality, cleanliness, and safety in the restaurant, responsible for communicating with team on restaurant amenities and procedural standards.
- It is important to make sure that the food areas are clean for our guests. It will be required every shift to help clean up the food area, this includes-sweeping, picking up garbage, changing out the trash bags, and any other tasks necessary.
This is a physical job. You must be able to do the following:
- The ability to stand for long hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- The ability to kneel, crouch, and bend.
- You may be working in other various positions throughout the restaurant.
- If an employee would like more hours or is needed in other departments there may be hours available in other departments.
- Workers should be flexible enough to work in as many of the positions as possible.
***Information is subject to change and/ or update***
- Required Duties – Previous Server experience preferred.
- Outgoing, hard working
Supplies Required (Dress Code)
- Blue jeans, Khakis or cargo shorts, slip resistant shoes
- 2 company branded shirts.
- Interview Required? Yes
- Pay Rate USD $3.93 per hour, plus tips!
- Overtime Available? Yes
- Accepts Couples? Yes
- Company Provided Housing? Yes
- Pay Frequency? Bi-Weekly
- Accepts Groups? Yes
- Physical Demands – Must be able to stand for long periods of time; Performing duties which require bending, reaching, and/or lifting
- Benefits Provided by Host – Employee Discounts
Please send resume to:
Marty Armbrester – Director of Human Resources
At Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, our number one job requirement is simple: Southern Hospitality. We are a restaurant born from one of the most iconic brands in the cooking industry, and our values lie in our namesake. Making our guests feel like family while serving up delicious, Southern cuisine is our top priority, and we are always looking for dedicated team members to help take our service to the next level. When a guest walks through the door, we want to make them feel welcome — just as if they are walking into their own grandmother’s house. Whether you’re a guest service expert, restaurant manager, retail professional, chef or just an all-around hard worker, we’d love to talk to you about an opportunity to join our team!