Pepper Palace is looking to add TWO enthusiastic, reliable key holder/sales associates to our team. We provide an upbeat, exciting workplace that is most of all fun. If you would like to expand your knowledge of the ‘Pepper’ world and help our customers satisfy their tolerance for spice, stop by the store and complete an application.
We are looking to fill two positions quickly! this is your chance to secure a job and build onto your business experience.
Positions vary depending on hours and experience, $8.75-$10.00/hr
Questions about what positions are available? CALL US!
What does a Sales Associate do?
The Sales Associate’s responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Ultimately, the duties of a sales associate are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Math skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
Pepper Palace began expansion efforts by introducing an innovative private label program in 2006 and by opening a distribution center and corporate office in 2007. Pepper Palace's second retail location was opened in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Expansion continued with openings in Saint Augustine, Florida in 2009 and a second Gatlinburg location and a Branson, Missouri location in 2011. Growth accelerated in 2012 with openings in New Orleans, Chicago, Charleston, Panama City Beach, Sarasota, The Mall of America and the first venture onto foreign soil with the opening of a location on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.
In the midst of this expansion, Pepper Palace branched out by opening King of Fire Sauce Manufacturer/Distributor in 2010 to meet the development & distribution needs of other companies. King of Fire has continued to manufacture & supply accounts both large and small.
Today, Pepper Palace operates over 30 retail locations in the US and Canada and plans expansion into the West, Northeast and Midwestern US and Central Canada. International expansion is on the horizon as well. Pepper Palace is a privately held corporation that has won hundreds of National Awards for product, marketing and flavor. Pepper Palace prides itself on exceptional customer service and professionalism, but feel that maintaining this should be a joy rather than a chore. Hence our Mission Statement:
Pepper Palace, the Planet's #1 Hot Shop, encourages a fun and fiery environment for everyone. We create the Spice Life experience with our small batch, handcrafted, natural, and award winning products. Pepper Palace believes that food should be memorable with a taste that consumes you. - The Pepper Palace Family