Quality Control Inventory Technician 2nd shift
Will be responsible for and control the flow of materials in and out of the Q.C. quarantine areas at all four warehouse locations as well as acceptance sampling of all incoming materials and components in accordance with federal cGMPs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. Attendance is key to performing the job. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Be familiar with Government regulations (cGMPs) as they apply to warehousing areas.
2. Participate in Government, third party, or customer GMP audits when they relate to Q.C. control of warehouse areas.
3. Assist Inventory Control personnel with inspection of incoming raws and packaging components.
4. Compare Raw Material Certificates of analysis to raw material container labels to ensure lot numbers are correct and also note if a certificate of analysis was not received.
5. Check all incoming raw materials for Kosher and allergen and mark accordingly.
6. Sample all incoming raw materials and packaging components and place into designated Q.C. quarantine areas. This includes printing and applying NEC Inventory Control labels, applying the appropriate aseptic sampling technique to each product, entering the samples into DS90, coordinating transport of all samples to the corporate QC office and maintaining product storage in the designated quarantine area until release.
7. Release all raw materials that have passed lab testing and remove from quarantine area.
8. Release finished products that have passed lab testing for shipment.
9. Sample raw materials each month that require retesting.
10. Physically maintain and manage the Q.C. Hold areas at warehouse 3. This includes being responsible for all items that are put into or leave the hold areas and periodically inventorying the items that are awaiting dispositions.
11. Assist in maintaining and managing the QC Hold Log. This includes updating and closing out files as needed.
12. Be responsible for the re-sampling and re-labeling of materials assigned for use in Australian products.
13. Cleaning and complete documentation of cleaning in DS90.
Proper use of PPE is required when working around any raw materials or components. Must be able to properly use single use sterile sampling.
Must be able to use a pallet jack, and other similar material handling tools. Must complete NEC forklift training within a reasonable time frame following job acceptance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED. At least 3 months NEC manufacturing experience or prior Quality Control or Inventory Management experience is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Basic statistical process control principals are applied. Prior knowledge helpful but not required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must be very detail oriented. Must have basic computer skills. Knowledge of raw material is helpful but not necessary. Good inter-departmental communication skills, both written, and oral, are necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly required to sit, walk and stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and move up to 250 pounds using a pallet jack or other similar tools.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NEC is a premier manufacturer with the expertise to produce a broad range of dietary supplements including enzyme-based formulations, probiotics, vitamins, minerals, botanicals and more.
We offer state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with blending, encapsulation, tableting, convenience packaging, full service bottling, and in-house graphics/labeling services to meet your unique needs. We can help you create robust, profitable products, which impact the nutritional industry in a positive and progressive manner.