Utility Worker I – Water Distribution – City of Branson
Opening Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019; Applications must be submitted by 4:30 pm.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday; 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
Beginning Salary: $14.3685 per hour; when annualized equates to $29,886.44.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Utility Worker I – Water Distribution position is responsible for a multitude of tasks which may vary from day to day, but will primarily involve performing tasks required in operation, maintenance and repair of the water distribution system and related components; performs work as assigned in water meter reading and maintenance and sewer collection systems. Entry level position which trains to acquire skill in installation and repair of water and sewer piping and all related components, water meter reading, installation, and repair, and equipment maintenance and operation in preparation for future advancement. This position is supervised by a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One year of relevant work experience preferred in performing semi-skilled construction, maintenance tasks on water distribution and sewer collection systems or other related maintenance, mechanical or construction work.
- Possession of a Missouri level “I” Water Distribution Certificate of Competency within 18 months of hire date.
- Possession of a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement within 6 months of hire date.
- Insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position.
- Must be able to pass required physical capability examinations for the position.
- Please refer to the job description on the City of Branson website for a complete listing of minimum qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the directives and guidelines of the Division Manager, Division Supervisor, and Crew Leader as assigned, to ensure all required and necessary work meets service level expectations in the installation, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure used for the City of Branson’s water distribution, water metering and sewer collection systems. Such service levels must be in line with standards established for the City of Branson by the Department of Natural Resources, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies.
- Please refer to the job description on the City of Branson website for a complete listing of job duties and responsibilities.
YOUR FUTURE IS HERE! The City of Branson values all the women and men who serve the Branson community in their careers that positively impact the lives of the people that live, work, and play here. The City provides competitive pay and great benefits. Full time employee benefits include:
- excellent health, dental, and life insurance
- vision and other supplemental insurance available through payroll deduction
- accrued paid vacation
- accrued paid sick leave
- twelve paid holidays
- other special leave
- excellent pension plan
- other retirement savings plans available through payroll deduction
- paid training
- tuition reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, a completed City Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Equal Employment Opportunity Self Identification Form must be submitted to the City of Branson Human Resources Department, 110 W. Maddux St., Ste. 315, Branson, MO 65616. For a copy of the full job description, or to obtain all necessary application materials, please visit www.bransonmo.gov or the Human Resources Department. Please note that a new application packet is required for each job posting. EEO: The City of Branson provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Branson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The City of Branson will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment. The City of Branson is a tobacco free workplace.