Lead Activities Attendant Job Description
By adhering to Welk Resort’s I-Serve service standards, Activities Lead will lead and direct activities to guests of all ages and to insure responsibility for all ongoing duties, staff, functions, programming, special events, etc., providing 100% guest satisfaction at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently follow the I-Serve standards at all times.
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
* Responsible for engaging with guests.
* Responsible for cash handling.
* Responsible for inventory management.
* Responsible for program development.
* Must take ownership and accountability for their designated recreation center, holding staff accountable and ensuring the highest level of guest experience.
* Responsible for constant interaction with guests while offering a positive and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Responsible for Leading the Activities Attendants.
* All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have High School diploma or equivalent (GED). The ideal candidate will have one year of experience in a field related to this position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, guests, vendors or Team Members of the organization. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English. Must have excellent English grammar skills, including punctuation, spelling, style, etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make decisions that are in the best interests of the company. Ability to be flexible and easily adapt to change. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, field personnel and sub-contractors/vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Be Inspired Where You Work At Welk Resorts, we create quality experiences our guests will enjoy. This drive to offer the best extends to our employees as well—the heart of our company. By creating a positive and enjoyable work environment for our team, we provide the tools, support, and purpose that inspire our employees. Our team is committed to our mission and we’re dedicated to providing career and personal growth opportunities to help our employees achieve their goals.